EP 81. | THE ABC’S OF SELF DEFENSE FEATURING JENNIFER CASSETTA
Trigger Warning: The following episode contains talk of miscarriage, pregnancy loss and the fall of the World Trade Center on 911. Listener discretion is advised.
Welcome back to another episode of Permission to Offend. Are there any relationships in your life where you feel manipulated or vulnerable? Whether you need to physically, emotionally, or verbally remove yourself from a situation, it’s important to take stock in where you need to set boundaries.
In this week’s episode, our guest is success coach, speaker, author and self defense expert, Jennifer Cassetta. Jennifer is on a mission to help women feel strong, safe and powerful from the streets to the boardroom and is here to unpack what she calls the ABC’s of Self Defense.
3 Reasons You Should Listen to this Episode:
8:30: Why It’s Important To Create Ceremonies & Routines In Your Life
17:25: How To Build Resilience From Our Past Experiences
22:00: How To Recognize The Mental Aspects Of Self Defense
The ABC’s of Self-Defense Lessons:
- “Protect your energy and set boundaries energetically.” – Jennifer Cassetta
- “Never cut down your achievements for someone else’s comfort.” – Rachel Luna
- “There has to be a true desire to want to do something, to stick with it. – Jennifer Cassetta
- “Consistency is the product of finding the intersection between finding something that you love and something that you’re interested in.” – Rachel Luna
- “Each of our lives is wonderfully special in our way.” – Rachel Luna
- “It’s important to build resilience from our past experiences.” – Jennifer Cassetta
- “Each trauma prepares you for more resiliency.” – Jennifer Cassetta
- “Be aware of your surroundings.” – Jennifer Cassetta
- “Take stock in where you need to set those boundaries.” – Jennifer Cassetta
Connect with Jennifer
Instagram: @jenncassetta |https://www.instagram.com/jenncassetta/?hl=en
She Warrior Confidence Course: https://shewarrior.teachable.com/p/she-warrior-confidence
The Art of Badassery Book: https://jennifercassetta.com/art-of-badassery/
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Follow Rachel @girlconfident on IG
- Permission to Offend Free Facebook Group
- Faith Activated Journaling Experience
- Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text me on Community: (904) 205-1959
The resources mentioned in this episode are:
Check out Rachel’s book on Amazon and leave a review if you’ve already started reading it and enjoyed it.
Share this episode on Instagram and tag @GirlConfident