How many times do you pick up your phone in a day?
On November 1st I deleted all social media apps from my phone. Gone. As I shared last week in episode 11, I chose to take a 2 week social media fast… and let me tell you, I learned a lot… and I’m sharing those lessons with you today. So much good stuff!
In this episode, I share 5 lessons I learned from taking time away from social media and spending more quality time with myself. I believe when we experience new things, it’s the perfect time to give yourself permission to get curious. And like all the best lessons, what I learned about my brain, behavior, and myself has helped me change my habits moving forward when it comes to social media. Let’s dive in!
3 Reasons You Should Listen to Today’s Episode
– Dopamine withdrawal is a real thing! I share nerdy facts about the connection between our brains, social media, and content creation. You’ll be shocked by how many times on average we pick up our phones each day! I have a hypothesis to run by you as well.
– If you’re like me, you’d think productivity would be off the charts without social media, right?! Turns out, productivity is a choice. Let me explain my surprising discovery.
– Two treasures that came from the quiet when you’re not consuming. These two things alone are incentive alone to change the way I engage with and consume social media moving forward.
This episode is brought to you by the Faith Activated Journaling Experience. The Faith Activated Journaling Experience is a year-long experience for the strong, ambitious woman who wants to activate her faith, reclaim her worth and build her wealth through journaling in just 5 minutes per day.
If you want to manifest more freedom, gain more clarity, and earn more money, the Faith Activated Journaling Experience is right for you.
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
“If you want to live your best life, listen to Rachel Luna, this woman knows her stuff!”<– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — to move forward on a journey of self-discovery, mastery, and total self-expression. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding fresh episodes every Tuesday and Thursday and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Follow Rachel @girlconfident on IG
- Permission to Offend Free Facebook Group
- Faith Activated Journaling Experience
Check out Rachel’s book on Amazon and leave a review if you’ve already started reading it and enjoyed it.
Share this episode on Instagram and tag @GirlConfident